We aim to provide a decision or interview according to the dates provided below, but there may be circumstances where a decision will take longer, for example, if an application for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is made as part of the application process. See Notes below.
Decision/interview notifications 15 January to end-July
|Application received||Latest decision/interview notification|
|by 15 January||end March|
|16 January to end February||end April|
|during March||end May|
|during April||end June|
|during May||end July|
Decision/interview notifications June onwards
- Applications received from June onwards will be notified of a decision/interview within 2 weeks at the latest.
- Applications received during June will be notified of a decision/interview within 2 weeks at the latest.
- Applications received after 30 June will be dealt with through Clearing, which has a separate process.
Applicant response deadlines
- Applicants who have received decisions or an interview date on all their applications by 31 March should respond by 1 May.
- Applicants who have received decisions on all their applications by 2 May should respond by the 6 June.
- Applicants who receive an offer before end-June should respond within 1 month.
- Applicants who receive an offer from July onwards should respond within 2 weeks.
- Applicants who have received decisions on all their applications by 31 March will have to respond to offers by the 1 May or UCAS will decline them by default.
- Applicants who have received decisions on all their applications by 2 May will have to respond by 6 June or UCAS will decline them by default.
- Applicants who have received offers between 2 May and 6 June will have to respond by 20 June or they will be declined by default.
- Applicants who have received offers by 11 July will have to respond by 18 July or they will be declined by default.
The dates / deadlines / interview / notification periods discussed on this page rely on the applicant:
- providing the correct information on their application form
- including any additional documents we have asked for such as passports, English Language and other certificates
- attending or responding to any invitations to interview.
The university aims to acknowledge an application within 5 days of receipt.
- UCAS deadlines are set by UCAS and are therefore outwith our control
- Direct deadlines are set by the university. If there are any issues with meeting a direct deadline, then please contact us using the details provided in your offer letter.