Industry Engagement Fund
The University of Highlands and Islands Aquaculture Hub brings together a unique collection of expertise and facilities located within the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. To further enable collaboration between Scotland’s Aquaculture Industry and the Aquaculture Hub we announce the launch of the Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund.
The Fund is designed to support short term collaborative projects and to assist the aquaculture industry to access the university’s expertise and facilities. The Fund will enable businesses to innovate, progress new technology or techniques, develop bespoke training, and to support a sustainable aquaculture industry in Scotland.
The Fund at a glance
- The purpose of the Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund is to encourage collaborations and partnerships between a company and the University of the Highlands and Islands.
- The amount that can be applied for is between £1,000 and £10,000, which covers the academic project costs and is paid directly to the university.
- The company will be expected to make a contribution in cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both.
- The project/feasibility study should be no longer than 6 months in length.
- The funds can be used to support research, training, networking or other activities that foster collaboration between the university and the aquaculture industry
The first round of awards were made in February 2018. A total of £42000 was awarded to 6 projects which enable the University of the Highlands and Islands to work directly with a number of industrial partners to explore new research opportunities and collaborations.
News of further rounds of the Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund will released later on in 2018.
For further information on the Aquaculture Industry Engagement Fund please contact Michele Kerry at the university aquaculture hub:
Tel: 01595 772240 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org