What is special about this course?
The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) award in Language Development has been designed to meet the specific development and training needs of Gaelic organisations and public authorities.
You will study language policy and planning at all levels from the family and community, to schools, businesses, non-profit organisations, local and national governmental bodies and international organisations.
This award provides you with access to teaching, learning and research of the highest standards in language development, with a focus on Scottish Gaelic, to enable you to enhance your employability and professional skills.
- You will follow a course of self-study supported by telephone tutorials and access to online learning resources.
- You will have the opportunity to look at the latest research and international examples of best practice in seminar-style group discussions.
- Content will be of particularly benefit to Gaelic development officers, language planning officers, community and economic development co-ordinators and Gaelic education professionals
- The CPD Award can also be studied in Gaelic, see CPD ann an Leasachadh Cànain
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade C or above
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications and/or work experience will be considered on an individual basis
- All applicants will be interviewed, usually by telephone
Qualifications at SCQF levels 7-8, or above. Relevant work experience.
- Gaelic: Past & Present
- Language Policy & Planning 1
How will I study my course?
- Part Time (Structured)
- Part Time (Unstructured)
You will follow this course through self-directed study, supported by telephone tutorials and access to online learning resources.
How long will my course last?
Each module is usually completed over one semester, with two telephone tutorials per week.
Where can I study my course?
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Sabhal Mòr Ostaig UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The CPD award will enhance your employment opportunities in various sectors eg. in Development Agencies and Public bodies
Can I progress into further study?
You may be able to progress to other awards or degree programmes within the Gaelic and Related studies scheme or other UHI awards.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.