Responsible Leadership and Management for Contemporary Business CPD Award
Course code 99N2
What is special about this course?
This CPD course is aimed at business managers or leaders interested in learning leadership and management through a responsible and ethical lens. It is designed to help businesses prepare for a sustainable future in an era focused on social and environmental responsibility.
Designed in partnership with a globally focused business to develop key management skills such as project management, finance, staff motivation and organisational performance, as well as leadership and management theories, it also looks at stakeholder management, innovation, and future-readiness – all of which is underpinned by responsible and ethical practice.
The course uses your own workplace as the learning environment. This is complemented with online tutorials and video-conference sessions accessed through the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE).
- Designed in partnership with a globally-focused business
- Delivered by tutors who are experts in their field
- Develops core management skills but with a contemporary perspective
- Uses the most up-to-date knowledge for organisations preparing for the future business landscape
- You can apply your learning to your professional role and workplace
- The flexibility of the course allows you to fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments
- Applicants should be working within a leadership or managerial role and ideally possess Level 6/7 qualifications, such as 2 Scottish Highers at grade C or above, or equivalent
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications or experience will also be considered
The course consists of three modules, each studied over 2 months:
- Responsible leadership and management for organisational performance
- Ethical solutions for global business
- Sustainable project management
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (unstructured)
- Online tutorials and video-conference sessions will be delivered through the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE)
- You will use your own workplace as the learning environment and case study, exploiting real-life challenges and opportunities and exploring ways to address those challenges
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (unstructured): 6 months (2 months per module)
Where can I study my course?
- This is a fully online course. You will apply to, and be supported by, UHI Moray
- Variable (please contact UHI Moray for further information)
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
Note: for students, whose primary residence is Scotland, starting this CPD award in January 2022, the university is offering places free of charge.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact UHI Moray for further information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This CPD award is designed to improve your professional practice in business and may lead to further progression within your organisation, or elsewhere.
Can I progress into further study?
On successful completion of the course you will achieve 60 degree credits at Level 8 (HND level) which may allow you advanced entry to a degree programme.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Responsible Leadership and Management for Contemporary Business CPD Award
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.