Business Administration (Resilience) MBA
Information line 01463 279190
What is special about this course?
Are you an experienced professional looking to progress to higher leadership and management roles?
The MBA Resilience is part of a brand new suite of MBAs, designed to provide leadership and management skills across the areas of Aviation, Environmental Management, Executive and Resilience.
The University of the Highlands and Islands MBA suite has been developed using insight from employers on skills necessary for executives operating in a challenging global environment, an environment where striving for growth and opportunity is based on ethical behaviour, appreciation of diversity and ability to adapt to the demands of a fast-changing world.
The programme will develop your theoretical knowledge, practical wisdom, strategic managerial and personal skills essential for successful career enhancement in organisations with a global outlook. Our MBA programmes aim to provide you with the comprehensive knowledge, skillset and understanding required to enable you to become a senior manager or to enhance career progression to a higher level.
The programme is distinguished by its emphasis on ethical and responsible leadership and management, with a focus on developing executive excellence for the global future. Embracing innovation, entrepreneurship and technology, our MBA suite builds on 4 underlying pillars and key values:
- Ethical awareness
- Cultural readiness
- Future readiness
- Identifying growth and opportunity
- The course is delivered online for maximum flexibility
- Develop reflective learning skills based on your experience and peer-to-peer exchange, facilitated through the MBA hub
- Participate in a wider dialogue via the MBA hub, between fellow students, business partners, local community and academic colleagues
- An online induction programme will provide support and information, as well as an initial opportunity to interact and network via the hub
- Successful completion of PGCert Resilience Leadership and Management
- It is desirable that you have some post-study work experience
- You will be asked to give us academic references before you can enrol and, where appropriate, provide employer references
- You may be asked to undertake a short piece of assessment work
You will study 4 core modules:
- Research for business
- Growth and opportunity through innovation
- Change for sustainable futures
- Masters research project
Please note: to access this course and achieve the full award of MBA, you must have successfully completed our PGCert Resilience Leadership and Management prior to entry.
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- Part-time (unstructured)
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): minimum of 1.5 years (2 years if completing the research project over 2 semesters)
- Part-time (unstructured): minimum of 2.5 years
Students who have not yet undertaken the PgCert Resilience Leadership and Management should allow for an additional 18 months to 3 years of study prior to commencing the MBA Resilience.
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- Perth College UHI
The following fees apply to this taught postgraduate course:
2020-21 fees are under review.
|2019-20||Online (all fee statuses)|
|Per module (20 credits)||£680|
|Masters degree (6 modules + dissertation)||£6,000|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
From 2017, eligible Scotland domiciled students studying full time can access loans up to 10,000 from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS). This comprises a tuition fee loan up to £5,500 and a non-income assessed living cost loan of £4,500. EU students studying full time can apply for a tuition fee loan up to £5500.
Part-time students undertaking any taught postgraduate course over two years up to Masters level who meet the residency eligibility can apply for a for a tuition fee loan up to £2,750 per year.
Full details can be found on the SAAS website. Applications for loans open in April.
Students from the rest of the UK who meet the eligibility requirements may be able to apply for a loan from the Student Loan Company.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The MBA Resilience is a bespoke course, tailored to your individual needs. It will equip you with critical skills and analytic competencies enabling you to continue with your chosen professional or academic developments.
Can I progress into further study?
The MBA Resilience provides excellent preparation and training for further advanced study in many areas of research. As such, you may wish to pursue a PhD or professional Doctorate studies within your chosen field.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Business Administration (Resilience) MBA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.