Resilience Leadership and Management PgCert
Information line 01463 279190
What is special about this course?
It is acknowledged that the development of resilience within organisations is a key priority and a mainstream business function. It is critical that organisations are equipped to build resilience into every aspect of their operations ensuring their ability to function fully, meet stakeholder needs and maintain the required level of service.
Organisations face constant challenges from both external and internal environments and need managers who are able to deal with this appropriately. This can be achieved by understanding the importance of resilience while planning and executing suitable strategies.
This new PgCert Resilience Leadership and Management will provide those working within a resilience context a meaningful and contextual continuing professional development (CPD) award.
You will be introduced to the concepts of resilience in a UK and wider context and develop a critical understanding of legislation as well as theoretical models and tools. You will reflect on the tensions between planning to be crisis prepared, and the realities of managing an actual crisis. Integrated emergency management philosophy is key to managing resilience and this is explored in depth enabling you to apply this to your own context.
The programme also explores key theories of leadership and management and allows for reflection of your own practice through different perspectives. A further key element of the programme is the module focusing on managing cyber risk. This is designed to provide you with an understanding and deeper knowledge of how institutional cyber resilience is improved using established communications, leadership and management frameworks.
- You will combine specialist knowledge in cyber resilience and risk with key management and leadership skills
- Provides continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities for those in the field who wish to upskill their current knowledge, and for those looking for a career in this area
- You will study part time and online through the university's virtual learning environment (VLE) which means you can fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments
- 2.2 honours degree or above
- An ordinary degree or equivalent at SCQF level 9 will also be considered with a minimum of three years relevant work experience
You will study the following core modules:
- Understanding the resilience landscape
- Managing cyber risk
- Organisational management and leadership
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (structured)
- Part-time (unstructured)
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 18 months
- Part-time (unstructured): 2 to 3 years
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI - This course is fully online. You will be enrolled and receive support from tutors at Perth College UHI
Fees payable for this online postgraduate course depend on your assessed fee status:
|2020-21||Scottish (SC)||Rest of UK (RUKO) and EU (EUO)||International (INTO)|
|Per module (20 credits)||£560||£650||£980|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£3,360||£3,900||£5,880|
|2019-20||Scottish (SC)||Rest of UK (RUKO) and EU (EUO)||International (INTO)|
|Per module (20 credits)||£560||£650||£960|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£3,360||£3,900||£5,760|
This course is not available for international students requiring a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course you might like to consider careers as a:
- Resilience manager
- Business continuity manager
- Senior manager in both the public and private sectors
- SME manager
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Resilience Leadership and Management PgCert
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.