Information line 01463 279190
What is special about this course?
The PDA in Bricklaying provides further development of competences which you will already have achieved through the SVQ programme. It gives invaluable practical experience and knowledge should you aspire to other professions in construction outside the role of a developed craftsperson, such as supervision and management.
Completion of your PDA will also give you the opportunity to progress to an Advanced Certificate which will further develop your hand skills and more specialised and traditional craft skills.
- The course will equip you with an increased knowledge and understanding of the construction industry; you will also advance your craft skills
- On successful completion you will have increased flexibility and options should you wish to progress into supervision, management or technician areas
For information on entry requirements of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
Year 1 - PDA
- External Corners and Piers in Reconstituted Stone
- Architectural and Features Work
- Underpinning and Shoring in Alteration Repair Work
- Steps in Brick and Concrete
- Arch Construction
- Circular Walls on Plan and Elevation
- Setting Out and Levelling
- Installation of Domestic Heat Appliances
- Surrounds and Firebacks
- Architectural Landscaping
- Facing Blockwork and Glass Block Panels
- Introduction to the Construction Industry at Level 7
- Communication at Level 7
How will I study my course?
- You will attend college on a block release basis
How long will my course last?
- Block release: 10 weeks
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- Orkney College UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On completion of this course you may seek employment within the Construction Industry.
Can I progress into further study?
Further study may include Advanced Certificate in Construction and Practice course or HNC Construction Management.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Bricklaying PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.