Business and Finance (SCQF level 7) PDA
Course code 204N
What is special about this course?
Do you have ambitions for a successful career in business or finance? Are there areas of knowledge and skills that you need to develop to prepare yourself or progress to a higher level of study?
Study our PDA in Business and Finance (SCQF level 7) and develop a broad range of transferable core skills, at a level sought after by employers. Let us support you in your career aspirations and gain the experience and qualifications needed to progress to further studies in courses such as HNC Business or HNC Accounting.
- Study fully online
- Completion of this qualification enables automatic credit transfer for the 4 credits if progressing onto HNC or HND qualifications
- National 5 Maths or equivalent
Year 1 - PDA
You will study the following core modules:
- Digital marketing communications: an introduction (SCQF 7)
- Marketing: an introduction (SCQF 7)
- Recording financial transactions (SCQF 6)
- Using financial accounting software (SCQF 7)
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- Part-time (unstructured)
- You will learn through a combination of video-conference lectures and tutorials, and online study via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE), with support from your tutors
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 1 years @ 4 hours per week
- Part-time (unstructured): up to 2 years
Number of hours per week indicates the total number of hours you should dedicate to the course, which includes time spent in lectures and your own time spent on individual study and research.
Where can I study my course?
- Orkney College UHI
- This fully online course can be studied from anywhere in the world. You will be enrolled and supported by staff at UHI Orkney
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
The course fees for this PDA are £520.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider careers in:
Can I progress into further study?
You may wish to progress from the PDA in Business and Finance to the following courses:
- HNC Accounting
- HNC Administration
- HNC Business
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Business and Finance (SCQF level 7) PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.