Management Accounting PDA
Information line 01463 279190
What is special about this course?
If you're seeking to enter the world of management accounting or advance your current accounting position, this professional development award in Management Accounting will give you the skills and confidence you need.
You will study cost accounting and management accounting using standard accounting software packages.
- You will achieve a nationally-recognised award relevant to the workplace
- You can progress to HNC, HND and degree-level study
- You will receive a high standard of support from your college
- You will study part time, which means you can fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments
- Relevant work place experience or
- Business related NC qualification or
- Communication, numeracy and IT skills to SCQF level 5 or equivalent
Year 1 - PDA
Two mandatory units with 32 SCQF credit points:
- Cost accounting
- Management accounting using information technology
How will I study my course?
- Part-time attendance (structured)
- Part-time distance (Perth College UHI only)
- Part-time evening January start (Inverness College UHI)
You will study by way of face-to-face lectures and tutorials in the classroom
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI
Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on options and how to apply for other start dates please contact the campus you wish to study with.
The PDA is 32 SCQF (Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework) credits. The fees payable will depend on your assessed fee status:
|Scottish (SC)/EU||Rest of the UK (RUK)||International (INT)||Scottish (SC)/EU||Res of the UK (RUK)||International (INT)|
|PDA (32 SCQF credits)||£344||£1,792||£1,824||£344||£1,792||£1,872|
|Per SCQF credit||£10.75||£56||£57||£10.75||£56||£58.50|
This course is not available for international students requiring a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK. For students living in the UK and assessed as international fee status, fees will be charged as above.
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Former students have secured roles in management and business organisations.
Can I progress into further study?
On successful completion of the PDA Management Accounting, you may wish to consider other related PDAs or progression to the HNC Accounting.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Management Accounting PDA
- Inverness College UHI - currently closed to applications
- Moray College UHI
- Perth College UHI - currently closed to applications
- Shetland College UHI - currently closed to applications
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.