Medical Administration PDA
Information line 01463 279190
What is special about this course?
This professional development award is aimed at those either already working in a medical administration role or with administrative experience and aims to further develop knowledge and experience gained from the workplace.
This award will develop the competencies required to carry out administrative roles, at intermediate / senior level, within medical administration posts meeting the needs of both private and public sector organisations.
- Communication and ICT Core Skills at level 5 minimum
- Experience in an administrative role
- Applicants will attend an interview, either face-to-face or by telephone
Year 1 - PDA
Mandatory units are:
- IT in business - word processing and presentation applications (2 HN credits)
- Medical terminology for administration staff (2 HN credits)
- Hospital patient administration (1 HN credits)
You will also choose three option units which may include:
- Legal protection of NHS Scotland patient data (1 HN credit)
- Creating a culture of customer care (1 HN credit)
- IT in business - spreadsheets (1 HN credit)
- IT in business - databases (1 HN credit)
- Work placement (1 HN credit)
How will I study my course?
- Part time (unstructured)
You will study through a combination of face-to-face lectures in the classroom and online learning via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE).
How long will my course last?
Duration is flexible. Each units is approximately 40 hours of study.
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact your enrolling college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Administration role in GP practice, hospital or business.
Can I progress into further study?
You can progress from the PDA award to complete the full HNC Administration and Information Management
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Medical Administration PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.