Office Administration PDA
Information line 01463 279190
What is special about this course?
This professional development award is aimed at those working in an office administration role and aims to further develop knowledge and experience gained from the workplace.
This award will help you to develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current administrative practice, develop personal effectiveness skill and customer care skills. You will also improve your communication and presentation techniques using IT and develop an awareness of legal and regulatory requirements in an administration environment.
You can go on to complete other PDAs and work towards HNC Administration and Information Technology.
- You will develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current administrative practice
- You will also develop personal effectiveness, customer care skills, communication and presentation techniques, interpersonal skills all relevant to an administrative role
- This course will also allow you to develop an awareness of issues such as current legal and regulatory requirements relating to an administration environment.
- Generally entry is open to any applicant who can demonstrate, by formal qualification or experience, a reasonable expectation of successfully completing the award. It would be beneficial for students to be competent in communication and IT skills to SCQF level 5 and possess good personal and interpersonal skills
- Please contact your local campus for more information on entry requirements
- NC Administration
- NC Business
- For information on other access routes please contact the college at which you wish to study.
Year 1 - PDA
- Office administration
- Digital technologies for administrators
- Communication: business communications
- Personal development planning
How will I study my course?
- Part-time attendance
- Part-time distance (Perth College UHI and Shetland College UHI)
This course is offered by blended learning allowing the student the flexibility of college attendance and home study to fit round work and life commitments.
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Inverness College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI - Distance learning
- West Highland College UHI
- January (at certain campuses only)
For information on costs of this course please contact the college where you wish to study.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The PDA in Office Administration will prepare candidates for employment in administrative roles within a wide range of public and private sector organisations. The type of positions, which may be taken up by candidates within the business and administrative environments include:
- Virtual Assistants
- General Administrators
Can I progress into further study?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Our application system is currently down for maintenance until 9am Tuesday 9th March.