Team Leadership and Management (SCQF level 7) PDA
Course code 002N
What is special about this course?
Are you new to team leadership? Perhaps you're hoping to apply for your first formal team leadership role but have some gaps in your skillset?
Join our PDA in Team Leadership and Management (SCQF level 7), and gain the confidence and experience you need to excel in a team leader role. Designed to develop your competency and knowledge in providing direction and motivation to achieve consistent team success, gain new managerial skills and enhance your existing abilities in a shorter time-frame by studying these two SCQF level 7 modules, jointly certified by the SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) and CMI (Chartered Management Institute).
- Study fully online
- Jointly certificated by SQA and CMI
- Registration on this PDA provides automatic eligibility for 12 months free studying membership of the CMI
- It is recommended that you have good communications skills, as evidenced by prior experience or SQA units at SCQF level 6
Year 1 - PDA
You will study the following core module:
- Management: leadership at work (SCQF 7)
You will also choose one of the following optional modules:
- Human resource management: an introduction (SCQF 7)
- Marketing: an introduction (SCQF 7)
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- Part-time (unstructured)
- You will learn through a combination of video-conference lectures and tutorials, and online study via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE), with support from your tutors
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 1 years @ 2 hours per week
- Part-time (unstructured): up to 2 years
Number of hours per week indicates the total number of hours you should dedicate to the course, which includes time spent in lectures and your own time spent on individual study and research.
Where can I study my course?
- This fully online course can be studied from anywhere in the world. You will be enrolled and supported by staff at UHI Orkney
For information on costs for this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
The course fees for this PDA are £260.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful achievement of this PDA you are eligible to apply for membership of the CMI, enabling you to join the professional management community and benefit from the development opportunities that this may offer.
Can I progress into further study?
On completion of this PDA Team Leadership and Management (SCQF level 7), you may wish to progress to additional qualifications such as:
- PDA in Management (SCQF level 8)
- SVQ in Management
- HNC/Diploma in Management and Leadership
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Team Leadership and Management (SCQF level 7) PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.