Management in Golf PgCert
Course code N801
What is special about this course?
This fully online course is designed to help current and future leaders and managers in the golf industry to prepare them for the challenges and opportunities facing their organisations in the contemporary environment.
The niche pressures, challenges, and range of external legislation and competition require the managers of organisations in the industry to take responsibility to drive innovation and identify new solutions and new ways of working to be adaptable.
The course provides individuals with the opportunity to think about their own leadership approaches and preferences and about the needs of their organisations. It encourages them to develop and make changes that can have a positive impact on themselves and their business.
An online induction programme will help support individuals returning to learning, or perhaps coming back to education after a long period.
- Online delivery allowing considerable flexibility to choose when and where to study around your personal and professional commitments
- Online content is matched to tasks and activities that relate to you and your organisation
- Provides an understanding of effective leadership and management
- Provides you with the skills to become an effective leader/manager
- Provides you with the skills to manage change within the industry
- Provides professional and self-development
- Allows you to focus on the golf industry
- Improves confidence, communication, and decision-making
- 2:2 honours degree or above in Golf Management or Professional Golf
- Other degrees may be considered where applicants are working in the golf industry
- Applicants with other qualifications or experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered on an individual basis
For the PgCert (60 credits) you will study two core modules plus one option (each 20 credit modules) from the following:
Modules available in the semester starting September:
- Organisational leadership and management (core)
- Managing strategic and operational change in the golf industry (core)
- Effective communication (option)
- Information decision-making (option)
Modules available in the semester starting January:
- Managing strategic and operational change in the golf industry (core)
- Information decision making (option)
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- Part-time (unstructured)
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 1 year
- Part-time (unstructured): 2 years
Where can I study my course?
- North Highland
For students normally domiciled in Scotland, with a term-time address in Scotland, the following fees apply:
• EU nationals with settled or pre-settled status in the UK,
• EEA/Swiss nationals with settled status in the UK
• EEA/Swiss nationals with pre-settled status who are self-employed or migrant workers in the UK.
|Per module (20 credits)||£560||£584|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£1,680||£1,752|
Rest of UK students
For students normally domiciled in the rest of the UK (England, Wales and N. Ireland) studying online from home, or assessed as rest of the UK for fee status, the following fees apply:
|Per module (20 credits)||£669||£720|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£2,007||£2,160|
EU/EEA and Swiss nationals without settled or pre-settled status in the UK
Following the UK’s departure from the European Union, the Scottish Government confirmed that EU/EEA and Swiss nationals, who do not have settled or pre-settled status, will be considered as international for fee purposes. For 2022-23, students will get an automatic fee scholarship.
This includes EEA/Swiss nationals with pre-settled status who are not self-employed or migrant workers in the UK.
|2022-23||With scholarship||2023-24||With scholarship|
|Per module (20 credits)||£1,010||£760||£1,080||£810|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£3,030||£2,280||£3,240||£2,430|
For students who do not normally reside in the UK or European Union, studying online from their home country, or assessed as international for fee status, the following fees apply:
|Per module (20 credits)||£1,010||£1,080|
|Postgraduate certificate (3 modules, 60 credits)||£3,030||£3,240|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
This course is not available for international students requiring Student Route visa sponsorship to study in the UK.
A no fee increase guarantee is available for self-funding full-time and structured part-time rest of the UK, EU and international postgraduate students for continuous study for the same award, up to the permitted standard time limit for the relevant award.
UHI has a number of scholarships, bursaries, awards, and discretionary fund opportunities available to new and current students. Please use the A-Z of funds or use the filter to see which ones may be relevant to you. All students are welcome to apply.
Further information on funding your studies is also available, please see the attached link or contact the relevant UHI partner.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course you might like to consider careers in more senior leadership and management positions within the public, private or voluntary sectors of the golf industry.
Can I progress into further study?
This course is designed for professionals wishing to develop their career opportunities but would also provide a strong base for progression to a PgDip or Masters programme.
On successful completion of the course, it may be possible to progress to our MSc Leadership and Management.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Thank you for your interest in studying Management in Golf PgCert with us.
If you are ready to apply, please start your application below by selecting when you would like to start your course. This will take you to the UCAS website or our online application system.
If you're not quite ready, please message us or call 01463 279190 if there is anything we can do to help you with your decision. We will handle your query in line with our Privacy Notice.
Start your application
Apply for Management in Golf PgCert
Please note that UHI North Highland, UHI Outer Hebrides and UHI West Highland will be changing their names to become UHI North, West and Hebrides in August 2023, subject to Scottish Government approval. This will not impact on your choice of course or how and where you will study.
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.