Mr Angus Reid
Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
Based at the Centre for Health Sciences in Inverness I joined UHI in 2021. I work as a lecturer in Mental Health Nursing, within the Department of Nursing and Midwifery.
I qualified as a Registered Nurse (Mental Health) in 2006. I spent six years working with the Directorate of Forensic Mental Health & Learning Disability in NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde. I then worked in a residential treatment centre for military veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in South Ayrshire for five years.
Last three years, worked for the Ministry of Defence as a RMN with serving military personnel and their dependents in Kinloss Barracks and RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus.
My professional interests include Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. I qualified as a MBCT/MBSR teacher in June 2020. I am currently studying a Master of Science (Studies in Mindfulness) with the University of Aberdeen and hope to complete 2023.
- Master of Science (Philosophy and Ethics of Mental Health), University of Warwick (2012)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Mental Health), Glasgow Caledonian University (2006)
- Bachelor of Science, Open University (2006)
- Bachelor of Accounting Edinburgh Napier University (1991)
- NMC Registered Nurse (Mental Health)