The University of the Highlands and Islands Archaeology Institute is a world-class teaching and research organisation dedicated to advancing our understanding of the historic environment through the creation, interpretation and dissemination of archaeological knowledge.
Contact the Institute
+44 (0)1856 569 000 or by email.
Orkney College UHI
A comprehensive archaeological service for industry, communities, government agencies, developers and landowners.
Our work spans the Highlands and Islands' rich archaeological heritage and further afield with projects in Easter Island and the Cook Islands.
World-renowned for archaeological heritage sites, there's no better place to study archaeology. We offer courses from Access to Doctorates.
- Archaeology blog
- Community Archaeology in Orkney: Building Recording Days in Kirkwall & Stromness
- Study Scottish Archaeology from Anywhere on the Planet
- Community Archaeology in Orkney : Kirkwall in the Archives
- Orkney Hosts International Workshop on Climate Change Threat to World Heritage Sites
- Cata Sand Excavation Funding Appeal