Social Services and Healthcare (SCQF level 9) SVQ
Course code 9L51
What is special about this course?
The SVQ Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9 is mandatory for those employed in deputy and/or management positions within the adult care sector. It is a requirement of the Scottish Social Services Council that people involved in adult care at a senior level have achieved, or are working towards, this qualification.
- This course will develop the skills and knowledge you have gained working in a care setting
- It is a recognised qualification in the sector
- You will undertake this qualification in your place of employment
- You will gain experience and knowledge of presenting written evidence in a portfolio
- SVQ 3 Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 7
- For information on the SVQ3 Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 7, please contact the college at which you wish to study
Year 1 - SVQ
Mandatory subjects include:
- Continuing professional development of self and others
- Develop and maintain healthy and safe practices in the workplace
- Promote and maintain effective systems for communication
- Promote the well-being and protection of all individuals
You will also study four optional units.
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- This course is work based
- You will be assessed in the workplace and will be allocated an assessor
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 18 months
Where can I study my course?
- North, West and Hebrides - Fort William; Stornoway; Thurso
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates, and how to apply for them, please contact the campus you wish to study with.
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
UHI has a number of scholarships, bursaries, awards, and discretionary fund opportunities available to new and current students. Please use the A-Z of funds or use the filter to see which ones may be relevant to you. All students are welcome to apply.
Further information on funding your studies is also available, please see the attached link or contact the relevant UHI partner.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This SCQF Level 9 qualification meets SSSC registration requirements for managers.
Can I progress into further study?
Following successful completion of the SVQ, you may wish to consider applying to a relevant degree programme offered by the university, such as BA (Hons) Health and Social Studies.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Social Services and Healthcare (SCQF level 9) SVQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.