The Learning and Teaching Academy supports the development of pedagogic practice and research in a range of ways including:
- Access to professional development events and opportunities
- Providing networking opportunities, resources, and direct support for projects and initiatives
- Funded opportunities to enable staff to engage in pedagogic scholarship and research
- Establishing groups and fora for colleagues to collaborate in helping share and shape pedagogic developments
- Recognising excellence in learning and teaching through the ALPINE framework
The learning lab is located in An Lòchran at the Inverness Campus, and is utilised for activities undertaken by the Learning and Teaching Academy and Educational Development Unit (EDU). It is also offered as a facility that colleagues can use to undertake their own pedagogic development and research activities.