Scholarship and research
The Learning and Teaching Academy provides a range of opportunities for staff to engage with pedagogic scholarship and research.
We are focused in particular on supporting:
- Research-informed practice Being aware of new developments in pedagogic practice and research, and using them to inform our own learning, teaching and assessment approaches
- Evidence-led practice Applying the outputs of pedagogic evaluation and research to enhance the experience of our learners
- Engagement in scholarship Undertaking scholarly activities that contribute to the development of pedagogic practice
- Engagement in research Active participation in pedagogic research to produce peer-reviewed outputs, support postgraduate research, or contribute in other ways to public bodies of knowledge
We can offer:
- One-to-one advice for colleagues who are interesting in getting involved in pedagogic research, including guidance on designing and undertaking their initial projects
- Guidance in producing peer-reviewed publications for education-related journals
- Access to the learning lab for colleagues undertaking pedagogic research
- LTA Scholarships to support small-scale projects
- Advice on producing external research funding applications
To discuss any of the above please contact Keith Smyth.