UHI and its academic partners wishe to support those students who have no, or limited access, to IT equipment or an internet connection, in order for them to successfully undertake their studies.
All equipment provided is on a loan basis only and must be returned at the end of the academic year, unless agreed otherwise.
The below eligibility criteria have been created to provide priority support to those most in need:
- Have no, or inadequate IT equipment or internet connectivity to allow you to study
- Evidence you are from a low-income household
There is a limited number of laptops and 4G dongles this scheme can provide therefore it may be that not all requests can be supported.
Evidence will need to be submitted to prove you are from a low-income household. This could include:
- Confirmation you receive an Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA).
- Confirmation you receive the maximum FE Bursary Maintenance Allowance.
- Confirmation you receive the maximum student loan from SAAS.
- Confirmation you receive Universal Credit or another DWP benefit.
- Confirmation you receive support from the discretionary hardship fund.
- In some circumstances a full income/expenditure assessment may need to be undertaken. For example, Nursing and Midwifery students do not receive SAAS loans therefore would need to undertake this process to evidence you are from a low-income household.
If you are not on a low income, you can still apply however you will not be prioritised for equipment.
You are required to complete an application form and return to the Digital Support contact at your local college. If you have any queries regarding the fund, please speak to your local Digital Support contact, detailed below.
|Academic Partner||Digital Support contact|
|UHI Outer Hebrides|
|UHI North Highland|
|Sabhal Mòr Ostaig|
|Scottish Association of Marine Science|
|UHI West Highland|
|Department of Nursing and Midwifery|
|Department of Optometry|