Why study in Scotland?
- world renowned research
- internationally respected degrees
- stunning environment
Why study with us?
- 85% student satisfaction
- 69% of research rated internationally excellent or world-leading
- 97% graduate employment
- undergraduate, postgraduate taught and research
- study abroad, short-term and English language
- bespoke programmes
Country specific information
- individualised and personable support
- approved representatives
- education fairs and host informational events around the world
Yuan Li, China
"I chose Scotland as my destination to pursue a PhD degree even though I got offers from many other universities in Canada, Denmark and the Netherlands. The UK is renowned around the world for the high quality of its education system and Scotland offers some of the highest rates of student satisfaction and employment in the UK. Although, it’s not only about receiving a top-quality education but also the living experience - Scotland is one of the most welcoming places on the planet with breath-taking landscapes, rich culture and fascinating traditions.
I picked a special site for my PhD: the University of the Highlands and Islands – where the whole region has become the learning campus. It is a very well recognised university for their high-impact research especially in my study area; environmental sciences."
PhD Student and Hydro Nation Scholar