Court is responsible for the overall strategic direction and governance of the university.
Its many powers and duties are detailed in the university's articles of association. The court can delegate some responsibilities to individuals, committees or groups. Court is also referred to as the board of governors.
Court consists of up to 20 members, including students, academic and support staff, representatives from our sponsor universities and a majority of independent members. The group elects its chair and vice-chair from the independent members. You can download and read the approved minutes of the court.
The Scottish HE Code of Governance requires University Courts to assess the effectiveness of their chair and members, how they operate collectively and how effective their committees are on an annual basis.
Court member expenses
- Court Member Expenses 2019-20 Q1 (pdf)
- Court Member Expenses 2019-20 Q2 (pdf)
- Court member expenses 2017-18 Q1 & Q2 (pdf)
- Court member expenses 2017-18 Q3 (pdf)
- Court member expenses 2017-18 Q4 (pdf)
- Court member expenses 2018-19 Q1 (pdf)
- Court member expenses 2018-19 Q2 (pdf)
- Court member expenses 2018-19 Q3 (pdf)
- Court member expenses 2018-19 Q4 (pdf)
Court meeting dates
- 18 March 2020
- 17 June 2020
- 23 September 2020
- 25 November 2020
- 17 March 2021
- 16 June 2021
Roger Sendall, Head of Governance & Records Management