Explore traditional, Celtic, pop, jazz, classical, rock, and the music of the Highlands and Islands.
Alternatively, specialise in music business or popular music. Whichever you choose, you’ll learn from professionals at the top of their fields and develop skills in performance, education, recording, creative production, business, enterprise, networking, and communication, helping you access opportunities close to home and internationally.
Our guest speakers have included representatives from Universal Music, Sony Columbia Records, BBC Radio One, Live Nation, and Ticketmaster, as well as Stevie Wonder's manager, Keith Harris.
- Applied Music
- Art and Contemporary practices
- Audio Engineering
- Contemporary Film Making
- Creative Writing
- Drama and Production
- Fine Art
- Literature and Creative Writing
- Music including– Business or Popular
- Theatre Industry Practice
- Visual Communication and Design
Pathways to study
Pathways to study
If you don't initially meet the entry requirements for degree study there is always another route and you may want to consider an HNC or access course.
Graduates progress into a variety of roles:
- Advertising, marketing and social media
- Artist and talent management
- Broadcasting and online media production and editing
- Computer games and graphic design
- Creative writing and publishing
- Music, arts, venues and event management
- Performing, producing and composing music
- Photographer and camera technician
- Teaching and education
Creative industries sector
- As well as developing practical and creative techniques in a range of media, a fine art degree gives you skills in using different types of equipment and processes from hand tools and welding gear to digitisation.
- Teaching professionals and web and multimedia design professionals are also among the top ten jobs held by these graduates. Others become a portfolio worker, holding down several jobs to support your creative work
- 78.2% of graduates employed
Why our students love UHI
Sapho, fashion design and production graduate
My course was right for me because gives you realistic tools to work in the industry of fashion, while remaining creative and practical. The teaching staff are amazing, tutors are attentive to their students, with an excellent student support system.
Sapho studied HND Fashion Design and Production with Retail at UHI North, West and Hebrides.
Kirsty, music business graduate
Kirsty studied BA (Hons) Music Business at UHI Perth.