Advance HE Principal Fellowship HEA
Principal Fellowship is one of four categories of HEA Fellowships offered through Advance HE. The LTA supports colleagues to submit applications for categories Associate Fellow, Fellow and Senior Fellow through the university scheme ALPINE. For colleagues interested in submitting an application for Principal Fellowship, the LTA provide funding for a small number of places each academic year, as well as application writing and mentoring support, for colleagues to submit a direct application with Advance HE. This is offered on a reciprocal basis with selected colleagues expected to mentor future PFHEA applicants through the University Mentoring Scheme.
Principal Fellowship is for experienced colleagues who are working in Higher Education and able to demonstrate a sustained record of strategic leadership and impact on high-quality learning. Colleagues seeking Principal Fellowship must provide evidence of their practice against the PSF (2023) and alignment to the three Descriptor 4 criteria statements.
The LTA will fund two colleagues to submit applications to Advance HE for Principal Fellowship in academic year 2023/24. Interested colleagues are invited to submit an expression of interest no later than 12:00 on 27 September 2023 by completing the PFHEA proposal form and submitting it to LTA@uhi.ac.uk. Before summitting the proposal form, colleagues should:
- Complete the Fellowship Category Tool and submit the results alongside the proposal of interest form.
- Request and read the Principal Fellowship information pack.
- Read the PSF (2023) and the Descriptor 4 criteria statements (P10).
- Consider if they can commit to writing and submitting the application for the Advance HE deadline of 1 July 2024.
- Can commit to mentoring future PFHEA applicants.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.