Learning and Teaching Enhancement mentoring
Who is it for?
Supporting colleagues to enhance their practice in learning and teaching, and supporting learning and teaching
- Early career educators
- Experienced staff wishing to gain mentoring in specific areas of expertise
- Colleagues who support learning and teaching
Benefits of mentoring
- Confidence building
- Pointers to relevant professional development, networking and coaching
- Skills development/enhancement
- Career advice and planning
- Guidance on where to start
- Identifying and planning development opportunities
It is expected that a mentoring relationship will last between 6 months to 1 year, and have well-defined objectives. At the end of the agreed period, the mentor and mentee should review the objectives and may decide that further mentoring would be beneficial.