The principal and vice-chancellor, secretary and associated staff are responsible for the overall operations of the University of the Highlands and Islands as well as relationships with our partner colleges and research institutions throughout the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
Each of our partner colleges and research institutions also has their own principal or director with responsibilities to their own board or board of management.
- Professor Clive Mulholland, Principal and Vice-Chancellor
- Professor Crichton Lang, Deputy Principal
- Fiona Larg, Chief Operating Officer and Secretary
- Dr Gary Campbell, Vice-Principal (Strategic Developments)
- Dr Diane Rawlinson, Vice-Principal (Further Education)
- Professor Neil Simco, Vice-Principal (Research and Impact)
- Lydia Rohmer, Vice-Principal (Tertiary)
- Professor Stuart Gibb, Vice-Principal (International and External Engagement)
- Dr Brian Boag, Subject Network Leader for Humanities, Education and Gaelic and Acting Dean of Arts, Humanities and Business
- Dr Susan Engstrand, Acting Dean of Science, Health and Engineering.
- Michael Rayner, Dean of Research
- Dr Iain Morrison, Dean of Students
- Rhiannon Tinsley, Academic Registrar
- John Maher, Director of Learning and Information Services
- Gary I Campbell, Key Accounts Director
- Linda Stewart, Director of European and International Development
- Niall McArthur, Director of Corporate Resources
- Dr Joe Irvine, Director of Knowledge Exchange