Nvivo Home Use
The university has a site license for QSR Nvivo 12 and 14 making it available to all staff and students. If you would like to install the software on your PC or laptop please follow the steps below:
If you’re a UHI staff member or PHD student using a corporate laptop, please search for Nvivo in your Company Portal. (Start > Company Portal)
Students using personal laptops or devices provided by UHI for personal use should follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Nvivo website and 'Sign up'
- Still on the Nvivio website, download suitable version for your device.
- For Older Versions, options are below the Nvivo 14 download.
- Install the software
- During the install you'll be asked for a license key, enter the details you've received from the UHI Servicedesk. If you haven't applied for this yet, opt to start a 14 day trial, you will need to go in later and add a proper license key.
- Using your Staff/Student credentials, login to Unidesk and complete the Software request form to ask for a license
You will only be licensed to use this whilst you are a student or staff at the university, if you leave you should remove the software. The software should only be used for academic or research purposes, it should not be used for commercial or personal financial gain.