SPSS Statistics Home Use
The university has a site license for IBM SPSS Statistics Basic (Versions 25, 26 and 27) making it available to all current students and staff. If you would like to install the software on your own Windows PC or Mac please follow the steps below:
SPSS download links for Windows 64-bit
SPSS download links for Mac
If you are unsure which version to download, and to obtain the licence code, please ask your tutor. Licence codes automatically expire every year on the 30 June but do have a 30-day grace period.
If you have any other questions, please raise a call with the ServiceDesk.
- Contact your tutor to obtain the correct licence code.
- Click on the required link above and when prompted login using your UHI Student credentials
- The download should start automatically, once complete install the software following the on-screen instructions and accepting the terms of the licence agreement (for versions 25 & 26 a patch is available that can be installed after the main package)
- When prompted during installation, ensure that “Start SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard now” is checked and click finish.
- On the Product Authorization screen, select the top option “Authorized user license (I purchased a single copy of the product).” and click Next
- Enter the code you have received from your tutor or the UHI Servicedesk and click Next. A window should appear saying Authorization succeeded, click Next then Finish
- If required, now download and install the patch (this may require a reboot).
You will only be licensed to use SPSS whilst you are a student or member staff of the university, if you leave you should remove the software. The software should only be used for academic or research purposes, it is not licensed used for commercial use or personal financial gain.