Research Policy and Ethics
The university has a series of research policies and frameworks for researchers to refer and adhere to.
Research specific frameworks and policies
All of the below policy pages and documents have moved to the Research SharePoint area - all the same information will be available but we are moving all staff information to SharePoint. Please bookmark Research SharePoint area (university network logon required) for future reference.
- Research Strategy 2018 - 2023
- Research Values Framework
- Postgraduate Research Student Code of Practice
- Ethics framework
- Intellectual Property Policy (staff and students)
- Researcher Development Concordat (Policy being redeveloped for early 2022)
- REF Code of Practice (awaiting guidelines for REF2027 to develop new CoP)
- Using research metrics responsibly - policy and guide
- Open Access Policy (research publishing).
- Research Data Management policy
- Fees policy (link opens in UHI Intranet - university network logon required)
Wider university policies
- Data Protection, including GDPR
- (UHI projects with overseas partners) which should be read in conjunction with the guidance document from UKRI for projects with overseas partners
- Turnitin Policy and Guidance
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusiveness
- Health and safety policies
- Anti-bribery policy
- Values Framework
Further university policies (Freedom of Information, Academic Standards, Risk Management, Travel and Subsistance, adverse events) are available on the University governance webpage.