The university has a series of research policies, for researchers to refer and adhere to.
Research specific frameworks and policies
All of the below policy pages and documents will be moving to the Research SharePoint area - all the same information will be available but we are moving all staff information to SharePoint. Please bookmark Research SharePoint area (university network logon required) for future reference.
- Research Strategy 2018 - 2023
- Research Integrity
- Postgraduate Research Student Code of Practice
- Ethics framework
- Researcher Development Concordat
- REF2021 Code of Practice
- Using research metrics responsibly - policy and guide
- Open Access Policy (research publishing). Read more about Open Access on the dedicated web page.
- Research Data Management policy
- Fees policy (link opens in UHI Intranet - university network logon required)
Wider university policies
- Data Protection, including GDPR
- Due Diligence Policy and Process (UHI projects with overseas partners) which should be read in conjunction with the guidance document from UKRI for projects with overseas partners
- Turnitin Policy and Guidance
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusiveness
- Health and safety policies
- Anti-bribery policy
- University Values Framework
Further university policies (Freedom of Information, Academic Standards, Risk Management, Travel and Subsistance, adverse events) are available at 'University Policies and Regulations'.