The first time you login in to myday or use the Mail/Calendar tile you will now be prompted to review and confirm the user profile data that you are sharing with myday. Please ensure your student ID is correct when you confirm your profile data. No new or additional data is being shared with the service.
If you are accessing onsite/on campus, myday may be set as the default home page on web browsers.
If not, open a web browser (we'd recommend Edge), and go to myday.uhi.ac.uk
Login using your full university ID, that is <userID>@uhi.ac.uk, with your usual password.
If you have multiple IDs you may find that Edge logs you in with the same ID you are logged into the PC with. If you want to login with another ID, please use a different browser (e.g. Firefox), this will allow you to specify what ID you login with.
Once you've logged in to the service it should be fairly intuitive to use. Please see the tutorial video above for a breakdown.
Things to know
We've held a number of feedback sessions, from these we've compiled a useful to know list;
- The mail tile provide you with quick access to your mail, if you want more options select the Outlook button whilst in the mail tile, or select the Outlook button (top right).
- Calendar access from the portal is read only, and will only show your account, if you want to add events or see other calendars please go through the My Apps tile.
- The newsroom tile shows the latest announcements, you can check your subscriptions and earlier announcements by clicking on 'Newsroom' from the left hand navigation.
- We've added some of the important static content as bookmarks, available from the top ribbon, that means you can remove these from your dashboard but still have access to these.
- Made changes to your dashboard that you don't like, use the Personalisation menu (top ribbon), scroll to the bottom and select 'Reset to Default'.
- The social media tiles shown are the official ones for the university and your registered college, when you click on these for the first time you might have to enter a Captcha phrase, this is normal.
- We've simplified the dashboard this year, the most commonly used services show in the main view, please use the large section buttons at the bottom to access course or site specific services and information.
To get the full Gaelic dashboard you need to select the drop down against your name (top right), and set your language preference to Gaelic. Then select Dachaigh from the top of the left hand navigation.
If you are struggling to access or use myday please raise a call on Unidesk and the Servicedesk or myday team will be in touch.
Once you are in the portal if you are looking for help, select Bookmarks (top left), and select Online Portal Help.