Yammer on Office365
From April 2016 the current Yammer in use will be incorporated into our Office365 platform.
Yammer works well for;
- Networking and collaborating,
- Discussions and brain-storming,
- Finding subject matter experts and help,
- Creating special interest groups,
- Creating closed departmental groups,
- Advertising events.
On initial login you will be presented with the community code of conduct.
To login go to Yammer
If you are new to Yammer, once you've logged in you should;
- Update your profile,
- Have a look through the groups and see if there are any you'd like to join (or create your own if there is a gap),
- Update your newsfeed to let people know what you are working on, or to ask that burning question.
Yammer training videos and documentation is available from Microsoft. After that ask the Yammer Self Help group for further assistance.
The ‘All Company’ main feed should be used sparingly; it is like sending an email to everyone so only post here if the information genuinely needs to be seen by all staff (in this instance all staff means all staff at all partners).
Yammer uses the @ and # symbols like other social networking applications, these are good ways to mention people and make your posts searchable for others.
You may find that that you get notification overload, you can change your notification preferences quite easily, Click on the cog at the bottom left of the screen and then select Settings.
Use Edge for the best experience as some functionality might not be available when using other browsers.